The Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (hereafter referred to as the Council or ICDD) voted to invest $150,000 to the Arc of Illinois to fund time-limited demonstration projects to assist in filling gaps in services that people with developmental disabilities and families are experiencing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 DD Relief Fund will fund mini-grants up to $10,000 each with no minimum amount. Our assumption is there will be no more than $10,000 to individual proposers, however, The Arc of Illinois, in partnership with the Council, will consider proposals for larger scale projects.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS FUNDING INITIATIVE IS TO:
- Respond to emerging needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reduce the amount of anxiety and isolation for individuals with developmental disabilities through innovative projects.
- Build and maintain community capacity to support the short-term and long-term needs of individuals with developmental disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support to direct care staff to be able to continue their work under these unusual circumstances so that the agency operations continue to provide the supports needed for the people they serve.
- Inform systems change efforts for future disaster preparedness and emergency response in Illinois and other states.
- Ensure people continue to engage with peers during this period of social distancing and isolation.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
Proposals are welcomed from all types of entities and organizations, formal and informal, including service providers, municipalities, service or trade associations, churches, civic or interest-based organizations, human service cooperatives, schools, education cooperatives, or other. The awardee must have a tax ID number in order to receive Council funds.
If interested in submitting a proposal, begin thinking through how you will respond to the below proposal requirements:
- Provide a summary of what your project will do and costs associated with what you plan. Make sure to provide details on the purpose of all planned purchases (e.g., re: socialization, anxiety reduction, decreased isolation).
- Explain the need or gap in services and how the funds will help meet the need or address the gap in services.
- How many people with DD will benefit from whatever you’re proposing?
- How will you demonstrate that you achieved your outcomes: How will you know you were successful? (For example, how will you gather the data? Through surveys, direct observation, individuals’ self-reports).
INFORMATIONAL WEBINAR DETAILS
Arc of Illinois and the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities will host an informational webinar on April 1, 2020, from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm to answer questions from interested applicants regarding the COVID-19 DD Relief Fund opportunity. To RSVP, click HERE.
HOW TO APPLY?
Click HERE to apply online. Applications will be accepted until normal services are resumed or ALL funds are allocated.